ON YER BIKE!
Leafield Managing Director, Jon Webster, has just taken a holiday with a difference and spent two weeks fulfilling a long held ambition to cycle from John O’Groats to Land’s End. Despite mixed weather and some technical failures on the bike along the way, Jon completed the effort in the 14 days he had given himself and said it was “the trip of a lifetime”! Along the way Jon also picked up over £3000 in sponsorship which he is sharing between Help for Heroes, The Royal Marines Charity and Alzheimers Support. Next year he plans to take any holiday where he can read a good book!!
To see the ups and downs of Jon’s journey or to donate to the charities, please see his web page at:
We are delighted to announce that with effect from 11th July 2016 Leafield Logistics and Technical Services has acquired the business and assets of Tynemount.
Due to the planned retirement of the founders of Tynemount, and Leafield operating in very similar areas for many years, it was agreed that Leafield would take over the business. The services of Richard Macgregor, the main driving force behind Tynemount who started the business in 1980, have been secured, and he will help with the transition until the end of the year. Tony Whitwham will run this business supported by Claudia Canastra.
For customers who previously dealt with both Tynemount and Leafield, this will simplify your business as we have pulled everything together in one place. For customers who have only dealt with Tynemount, this will open up a whole new source of supply and access to more product specialists who can work with you to meet your needs. For any queries regarding Tynemount please call 01249 717131.
Leafield offer a comprehensive range of services to the UK MoD, Foreign Governments and a range of commercial enterprises including:
- Off the shelf access to a vast inventory of ex Royal Navy material
- Providing world class supply chain and logistical support, including product sourcing, to foreign navies and to commercial enterprises around the world
- Managing the maximisation of value from end of life products for commercial customers as well as the UK MoD
- The repair and overhaul of critical components for global defence contractors and second use asset destinations
- Engineering support
- Inventory and obsolescence management
- Excess stock management programs for both government and private enterprise
Leafield also work with Alba Power to support a range of gas turbines across a wide range of naval vessels.
If you have not yet done so, please re-register on our new website. You can visit the website for further news, to carry out a stock search or visit our auction site and shop for ex Royal Naval stock and commercially sourced marine supplies.